WOOFER'S LAIR

Welcome to Woofer's Lair. Curious as to what you will see here? Well, for the most part, you will find book reviews, maybe the occasional movie review, and if you are lucky, you might stumble across one of my own works in progress. If you like what you see or what read, and even if you don't, please feel free to leave your comments. As I am somewhat new to blogging, all of your constructive feedback is appreciated. Have fun and thanks for stopping by.

Wicked Seasons

Wicked Seasons
My short story, HUNGRY FOR MORE, is included

CURRENTLY READING

CURRENTLY READING
Ghostland by Duncan Ralston

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sexless (and Humorless) in the City

This isn't my usual cup of tea, but recently my other half roped me in to watching And Just Like That, which prompted a binge watch of Sex and the City, which got me curious to see what started it all, so online I went to download the book to my Kindle and prepared to laugh myself silly. And...

Nothing.

No sex.

No humor.

While I found the book to be okay, it was not at all what I was expecting. The thing that struck me was the lack of characters throughout the book, and without characters, there's no character interaction, and without interaction, there's nothing to engage the reader. That's not to say there are no characters; they appear throughout, expounding on their relationship views. And that's it.

I know it was a best seller, and I'll admit I may not be the book's target audience, but I failed to see the appeal of the book and how a quirky, fun show was conceived from something so dull and lifeless. That's not to say the book is bad, it just wasn't for me. And if you decide to read it, don't go into it like I did expecting the show or anything along those lines.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment